To build a sustainable partnership between UCAR and African Institutions in order to pursue research and applications for the benefit of the African people. The initiative envisioned will:
- Involve genuine collaboration with African institutions
- Focus on institutional capacity building and research support
- Explore science research themes that are critical to Africa and important for the world
- Leverage the research infrastructure in the US to add value
Projects, Events, Activities & Conference
- Build on existing efforts: Focus on leveraging existing activities and coordinating pre-existing networks, not on creating anything new.
- Develop research capacity while integrating research and education: Efforts in Africa must integrate research and education, and will not be successful if they don't contribute to developing local research capacity.
- African Solutions for African Problems: The issues addressed should arise from an needs defined by local institutions, and focus on developing and enabling long-term strategies led by those institutions.